1. Long distance light braking skills. Excellent braking skills do not give passengers the feeling of impact. The prerequisite is to correctly grasp the road and traffic conditions ahead. First, release the accelerator pedal, and then brake according to the distance and speed.
2. Release the brake once before the concrete mixer stops completely. If the purpose of stepping on the brake is to stop the concrete mixer, it will have a great impact immediately before the vehicle stops. The skill is to release the brake once before the vehicle stops completely, and then gently brake until the concrete mixer stops.
3. During emergency braking, press the brake pedal hard. Most vehicles 20 years ago did not have ABS device, so it is not recommended to press the brake fully at one time, but press the brake twice separately to prevent tail swing and direction locking after wheel locking. But now the ABS system is the standard configuration of the vehicle, so if you encounter an emergency, you must fully press the brake pedal.
4. Braking on dirt roads or floating sand roads is still dangerous, not only on rural roads, but even on urban asphalt roads. Due to urban construction, some floating soil or sand particles will accumulate on both sides of the road. At this time, be careful to use the operation of emergency braking.
5. Use the emergency brake carefully when driving in rainy days. Although the vehicles are basically equipped with ABS system, the phenomenon of wheel locking has been greatly improved. It is recommended that when driving in rainy days, pay attention to controlling the speed and carefully use the action of emergency braking.
6. If the engine is used for braking while driving on a long downhill section, the braking system will affect the braking performance due to heating. Therefore, the gear of the transmission can be selected in gear 3, gear 2 and gear L (automatic wave) or gear 3, gear 2 and gear 1 (hand wave) according to the road conditions. The speed can be controlled by engine braking without stepping on the accelerator pedal.
7. Pay attention to the operation method of braking when turning. When stepping on the brake in the direction, the concrete mixer is easy to lose its center of gravity. Therefore, the speed should be fully reduced by braking before entering the curve. However, if there is no time to slow down, the brake can be used briefly according to the situation. In case of emergency braking on slippery curve road, tail flick is easy to occur. You can slow down by reducing the gear of wave box and using engine braking.
8. When driving on "ribs road", pay attention to the bumps. There are many bumps on the pavement of "ribs road" (washboard road) or sandy road. When the concrete mixer passes through, the wheels will be suspended instantly. At this time, the braking is not only easy to lock temporarily, but also easy to grab the direction. If possible, use the engine to brake.